Monday 5 May 2014

Once again .....Cramlington delivers!

Its been a little while since I've put a blog up, but in all honesty I've been either busy or tired. Usually both!
Got plenty year and even life ticks since my last blog.
Today the weather seemed pretty mild, slight breeze in the air and quite warm so I thought 'where could I go and spend a few hours birding'. Prestwick Carr got my vote. A Virgin site for me as a birder and from what I've heard a hit or miss site. 
Today was most definitely a miss, perhaps it was because I'd convinced myself I would see owls! Not so!
But all was not lost, I did get Buzzard, Kestrel, Whitethroat, Willow Warbler, Lapwing & 2 Roe Deer.
I decided as I was passing, I would drop into an undisclosed cramlington site.
As soon as I got out the car I seen it!! Jackpot!!!! Incredible views of a hunting Short Eared Owl.
It hung about for about 50 minutes. 
Safe to say I left with a huge grin on my face, not my first shortie of the year but by god my best views by a country mile! 



No comments:

Post a Comment